Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Questionare

1. Name, phone #, and e-mail:
Taylor Neel
taylorannephotography@yahoo.com

2. What’s your major? What year will you graduate?
Major: Photography
Graduate: 2012 (hopefully)

3. Why did you choose a photography class (or photography as a major), and what do you hope to learn from school in general and this class specifically?
I chose photography because it was something I was actually good at. I grew up in a very very competitive town and was told that if you weren't the best then you would never make it. Well I may not be the best photographer but I know that I will not give it up because I love it too much.
I hope to learn lightroom and really how to get an amazing quality picture without having to edit it that much.

4. What are your goals after graduation? Please list your goals in reverse order, starting five years out, then three, two, one, and six months.
5 years: I hope to be working for a magazine shooting portraits of famous people.
3 years: I think that I would still be interning at this point in my life but I hope it's at the magazine I want to be shooting for.
2 years: By this time I hope to move on to interning for my dream magazine. I really want to work for either Vanity Fair or Rolling Stone.
1 year: Interning
6 months: I hope to find a good photographer to intern for. I would like to find one now but just in case I hope to find one by at the latest 6 months after I graduate.

5. What artists, musicians, photographers, writers, movies, books have influenced you/your work?
I am really influenced by Annie Leibovitz work. She has been my main inspiration for a long time but I also am inspired by Incubus, Regina Spektor, and The Beatles when it comes to music. Sometimes I find myself being inspired by my favorite book Harry Potter (don't judge I love it) and my favorite movie Garden State without even noticing.

6. Where do you get information about current national and international events?
Yahoo, Tumblr, The news, Jon Stewart.

7. Are there any important websites that you are referencing for art/photo competitions and/or information?
Not really. I need to find some.

8. What museums and/or galleries have you been to in the past year?
Dallas Museum of Art and the Nasher Sculpture Center.

9. Have you had any photo projects and/ or training in the past?
Well I've taken 3 other photography classes but I'm not sure if that is what you mean.

10. What is the value of art for the artist?

11. What is the value of art for the audience?

12. Is photography a vocation or an avocation?

13. What is your passion?
Photography, music, movies. Life.

14.What are you afraid of? What makes you uncomfortable?
Spiders, heights, clowns, rejection. I am getting really honest here haha. Nothing really makes me uncomfortable except those things. Oh and being told to shoot strangers haha.

15. Do you have a passport?
I sure do.

No comments:

Post a Comment