Sunday, July 31, 2011

What Hogwarts House I Believe I Would Be Sorted Into: Or Dealing With Post Potter Depression



  I have often thought about if I had attended Hogwarts into what house would they have placed me. Many moons ago I applied for some snooty Harry Potter community on Live Journal and explained how I had always believed myself to be a Gryffindor even though I feel like in some cruel fate I would have been placed in Hufflepuff. They were not pleased with this sentiment and rendered me a squib. Years later I sit here and laugh at their conclusion. Harry himself thought he was a Gryffindor and then was absolutely terrified at the fact that he might have actually belonged in Slytherin! I'm still not sure exactly what the Sorting Hat would do with me but I know he always takes your own considerations into order. Hell, Harry said, "Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin," and he was thus placed into Gryffindor. Maybe if I said Gryffindor enough I would actually be put into that house! I would seriously swell with pride at myself. I love Gryffindor with all my heart.

   Now that being said 90% of the online sorting tests I take put me into Hufflepuff. At first I was extremely disappointed. My friends tend to make fun of Hufflepuffs even A Very Potter Musical made fun of Hufflepuffs. I know Cedric was a Hufflepuff and he was chosen above every single Hogwarts student to be their champion but oddly that almost doesn't seem enough for anyone. There are a ton of people that I follow and love on Tumblr who are proud proud Hufflepuffs. Before Tumblr I had never seen such a thing. The things they say about what personality Hufflepuffs generally had made me stop and think, "Oh my God I am a Hufflepuff!" But I still didn't want to admit it. Sometimes I still don't want to admit it. Hufflepuffs are kind, loyal, laid back, all around chill people. Apparently lots of artists are considered Hufflepuffs. I am so a Hufflepuff. It's crazy to say that. I still will always wear my Gryffindor pride but I do believe that the Sorting Hat would place me in the house of Hufflepuff and I would accept it with much happiness.

   There is this site running a contest here and I would just love to win the Hufflepuff attire to start repping some Hufflepuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment